08 Dec 12 Days of Winter Challenges for Teens
Cozy up with a new book, bake some delicious cookies, create festive decorations, and more this December by completing the winter activities below! PGTPL has everything you need to make this chilly month (and your winter break) warm and delightful.
1) Read a book with a white cover. Here are a few to get you started:
2) Attend a Teen program at the library.
This month you can create a sock snowman (Monday, Dec. 13), paint a miniature piece of art (Tuesday, Dec. 14), and celebrate the end of the fall semester with our Virtual Reality system (Thursday, Dec. 16)!
3) Visit AtoZ World Food and make this Icelandic hot cocoa.
You can access AtoZ World Food via PGTPL’s “Online Databases” page. Simply open the site, find Iceland in the “Select Country by List” sidebar, and click on Iceland’s “Desserts” tab. Here, you will find a recipe for Kakósúpa (aka cocoa soup or hot cocoa)!
4) Create a piece of winter-themed art.
5) Spend a day at an Indiana museum with one of our museum passes.
6) Read a graphic novel. Perhaps one of these:
7) Check out a board game from our collection and have a cozy game night with family or friends.
10) Check out one of our cookbooks and follow a cookie recipe of your choosing.
11) Watch this Teen Central tutorial to learn how to make paper snowflakes.
12) Watch a winter-themed movie. Check out one from our DVD collection or find one on Kanopy!