23 Mar 10 Outdoor Activities for Children
It’s springtime and what better way to enjoy the weather than to enjoy time outside with your kids! They will soak up that Vitamin D and avoid sitting in front of the video game console for hours.
Here is your to do list:
- Take a nice nature hike or throw a frisbee at one of our many fine parks in Hendricks County.
- Go on a scavenger hunt to see who can spot different items first. For example a flower, a pine cone, a bumblebee, someone walking their dog, a seed, a squirrel, etc.
- Try to construct a house out of 20 items you find outside.
- Find an inspiring location and paint or draw a masterpiece. You could each complete a part of one artwork or make your own individual works of art.
- Discover which trail you like best on a bike ride to the nearest ice cream shop.
- Start a garden. Pick out your favorite fruits and veggies and get planting!
- Play a game or two of HORSE.
- Invite other neighborhood kids to create a sidewalk chalk mural, play hopscotch, or just to play on the swings.
- Make homemade smoothies or popsicles and enjoy them on a sunny day. This website can get you started: http://laurasbestrecipes.com/2010/07/100-homemade-popsicle-recipes.html
- Wait for a windy day and let your kite soar!
Print off your to do list and get going! If it’s a rainy day or you have already completed these activities you could always come visit the library! There are a wide variety of programs for all ages so don’t forget to register or drop in!
|Emily enjoying Hummel Park’s twister slide!|