23 Jun Picture books about dancing
Do you love dancing? So many people around the world express themselves through many forms of dance. Here are some of our favorite picture books which feature dancers!
Click on the link to put any of these titles on hold.
- Dancing in the Wings by Debbie Allen and Kadir Nelson
- Freedom Soup by Tami Charles and Jacqueline Alcantara
- Bowwow Powwow by Brenda Child, Gordon Jourdain, and Jonathan Thunder
- A Dance Like Starlight by Kristy Dempsey and Floyd Cooper
- Ho’onani: Hula Warrior by Heather Gale and Mika Song
- The Cranky Ballerina by Elise Gravel
- How Do You Dance? by Thyra Heder
- Flora and the Flamingo by Molly Idle
- Duck Sock Hop by Jane Kohuth and Jane Porter
- I Moved My Hand by Jorge Lujan, Elisa Amado, and Mandana Sadat
- Mirandy and Brother Wind by Patricia C. McKissack and Jerry Pinkney
- Hip-Hop Lollipop by Susan McElroy Montanari and Brian Pinkney
- Vampirina Ballerina by Anne Marie Pace and LeUyen Pham
- I Got the Rhythm by Connie Schofield-Morrison and Frank Morrison
Once you’ve read some of these picture books, you can have your own dance party! Put on some favorite music and dance around your living room or yard. You can also look up videos of different kinds of dancing from all around the world! Finally, try reading a biography of a famous ballerina or another kind of dancer.