17 Jun Watercolor Without the Paint!
Are you in need of a fun art project for the summer? This simple technique allows for quality looking watercolor art without the need for expensive paint or brushes! Any design, including one of the downloadable, printable graphics linked below, will work wonderfully for this project! There are endless possibilities, so let your creativity run wild! This project is great for decorating rooms, giving as gifts, and most importantly, some much needed summer fun!
- Paper – cardstock, watercolor paper, or mixed media paper will give you the best result
- Clear plastic bag – ziplock sandwich or gallon bags work well
- Water – a spray bottle makes this step super easy
- Paper Towel
Steps to Follow:
- Print or draw graphic on your paper
- Place a plastic bag on top of the piece of paper.
- Use markers to color in the background on top of the plastic bag.
- Spray water on top of the colored-in plastic.
- Carefully pick up the plastic bag, flip it over, and press it on top of the paper.
- Rub the plastic bag to spread the marker on the paper.
- Slowly lift the plastic bag away from the paper and blot any excess liquid using a paper towel.
- Let dry completely!
Don’t get discouraged if it doesn’t turn out perfectly the first time! Keep trying and you’ll get the hang of it no time. Share your masterpieces with friends and Teen Central on social media by tagging @teencentral_pgtpl and using the hashtags #CreaTeen #TeenCentral