09 Aug Accessing Library Services from Home
Even if you can’t make it to the Plainfield-Guilford Township Public Library in person, there are many helpful services you can use at home!
Library services at home
If you’re unable to leave your home to come to the library, we can bring you a monthly delivery of library materials! Fill out the Homebound Delivery form to request delivery, and to let us know what kind of things you will enjoy.
PGTPL to Go
The Plainfield-Guilford Township Public Library is pleased to offer a hold pick-up service to our patrons. We know your time is valuable, and sometimes you can’t come into the building to pick up your items. PGTPL To Go allows you to set up a time to pick up the holds that are available on your account. Staff will email with a confirmation of your preferred time and items available. When you arrive, park in the designated spot, call the number on the sign, and we will bring the items out to you.
We have lots of materials to help you teach or help your child learn about their interests! Submit this Collection Kit form when you need a themed collection for use with your family or in your classroom, homeschool, or day care setting. We will gather the books and other materials from our available collection and have them ready for you to come pick up.
With your library card number you have access to a whole world of entertainment and resources! Use our Digital Resources for everything from Consumer Reports to streaming movies:
- Streaming movies, eBooks, audio books at Libby/Overdrive, Kanopy, TumbleBooks, and Freading.
- A wide variety of databases relating to:
- Free printables, language learning, geography, DIY projects, international food, comework resources, newspaper archives, travel, and more.
- A podcast, “They Might Be Librarians.”
- A monthly newsletter with information about library events and outreach, programs, and services.
- A weekly newsletter featuring new books, movies, and music from Wowbrary.
- If you want to know more, contact the library at (317) 839-6602 or email@example.com.
Finding Transportation Help
Looking for help to get around? LINK Transportation by Hendricks County Senior Services is for all ages (including wheelchair transport, portable oxygen, attendants, and service animals). These services are available to anyone needing a ride within Hendricks County. Schedule by calling 317-718-4474 and requesting LINK transportation.