24 Feb PGTPL Expands Hours and Services
On Monday, March 1, the Plainfield-Guilford Township Public Library will resume in-house service. Patrons are welcome to make brief, socially distanced visits to the library during this time.
The Library will continue to monitor Executive Orders, health department guidelines, and CDC recommendations.
- Those who don’t feel well should visit us another day.
- Face coverings are required.
- Occupancy will be limited to 50% capacity. Time in the building may be limited if necessary.
- Visitors are asked to maintain a social distance of 6 feet from staff and other patrons.
- Hand sanitizer will be stationed throughout the building.
- Staff will follow strict cleaning protocols.
- Plexiglass dividers will be placed at all public service desks.
- Staff will not be able to provide side-by-side or over-the-shoulder help, including at computers. Staff will not be able to touch patrons’ devices or other personal items.
- No food will be permitted at computers. Food will be limited to the cafe tables in the lobby area.
Virtual and Socially Distanced Services Still Available
Though you are welcome to visit the library, we still encourage you to use our digital resources and other virtual and socially distanced services.
Patrons are encouraged to place items on hold, and then schedule a pick-up time once holds are available. Visit www.plainfieldlibrary.net/services/pgtpl-to-go/ for more information or to schedule your pick-up time. Place holds through the Evergreen Catalog.
Email and Telephone Help
Staff are available to answer your calls and emails during our normal business hours. For questions or help, email AskUs@plainfieldlibrary.net, or call 317-839-6602.
The library offers a variety of programs online for you to enjoy on your computer or mobile device. Follow us on our website, Facebook, or YouTube to see our latest virtual programs. Subscribe to our newsletters to receive the latest information about programs for all ages.
Our digital library is always open. Many of our vendors are also offering bonus borrows or other extras. Visit www.plainfieldlibrary.net/digital-resources/ for more information.
Meeting and Study Rooms
Meeting Rooms and Study Rooms will be available beginning Monday, March 1. Meeting Rooms must be booked 24 hours in advance, and attendance may not exceed the posted 50% occupancy limits. Study Rooms may not be reserved more than 24 hours in advance and may not exceed the posted 50% occupancy limits. Visit www.plainfieldlibrary.net/meeting-rooms/ to learn more.
Plainfield-Guilford Township Public Library is excited to welcome you into the main reading room. Please note that hours and services are subject to change. For the most updated information, visit www.plainfieldlibrary.net, or call us at 317-839-6602.