National Library Week 2018
National Library Week 2018 – Celebrate with us.
We are Thankful for our outstanding community support!
- Libraries are at the heart of our communities—a resource for people of any age to find what they need to help improve their quality of life.
- Our society is at a critical juncture with regard to the changing information landscape and the skills needed to thrive in our digital world.
- Libraries are evolving with these changes in order to serve the public and to continue to fulfill their role in leveling the playing field for all who seek information and access to technologies.
- Libraries also are expanding beyond their traditional roles and providing more opportunities for community engagement and delivering new services that connect closely with patrons’ needs.
- Library professionals facilitate individual opportunity and community progress.
- Libraries are committed to advancing their legacy of reading and developing a digitally inclusive society.
- Libraries add value in five key areas: education, employment, entrepreneurship, empowerment and engagement.
Libraries are a smart investment, transforming lives and communities and passionately advocating for lifelong learning. Libraries Transform, the American Library Association’s public awareness campaign, is spreading the word about the impact libraries and librarians make every day—join us for free tools and resources to advocate for the value of librarianship.