Become a Friend of the Library Today!
The Friends of the Plainfield | Guilford Township Public Library is a group of people interested in books, our library and our community. We support and supplement library programs, with consideration to meeting the needs of the whole community.
What a difference a Friend makes!
Through volunteering and financial support, the Friends have made possible:
- Programs for children, teens and adults
- Support for the Summer Reading Club
- Special celebrations such as the National Library Week after-hours event
- The 100th Birthday Party for the library
- The Plainfield Garden Tour
- The purchase of supplies and equipment for the library
Did you know that, by law, the library is not permitted to purchase food? If you’ve ever enjoyed refreshments at a library event, you’ve experienced the Friends of the Library at work!
Our mission is to support and supplement library programs, with consideration to meeting the needs of the whole community.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the Board of Trustees.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the library staff.
- Operate the Friends of the Library autonomously and in a businesslike manner.
- Ensure accountability of the Friends’ Board to their membership.
- Network with other Friends groups to share ideas and information.
- Identify and define current membership.
- Institute consistent communication with our membership.
- Increase membership and recruit additional board members.
- Explore options for better PR and media coverage for events and activities sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
Please print out the 2017 Friends of the Plainfield Library brochure and mail it and a check to the library. Instructions and more information are included on the form. (Adobe Reader required). You can also call the Friends of the Library at 839-6602 ext. 2198.