15 Feb Using Library Apps and Resources from Home
The Library will remain closed today February 16. Try these library apps and digital resources at home! From eBooks, audiobooks, streaming movies and TV shows, to documentaries, digital magazines, and more!
Use the library from home with your computer, laptop, smartphone, tablet, or Chromebook. Just grab your library card and device, then settle in with these resources.
Try these library apps and digital resources from home
- Find and read ebooks and magazines or listen to e-audiobooks with Libby by Overdrive.
- Learn over 70 different languages with the Mango app, from Spanish to Pirate.
- Freegal is a free and legal way to access over 8 million songs.
- Use Kanopy to watch thousands of streaming classic and indie films, documentaries and PBS classics.
- Tumblebooks is collection of animated, talking picture books for elementary kids.
- Freading is a collection of over 50,000 downloadable ebooks that are always available.
Learn more about these apps, like how to download and use them, on our Library Apps page.
Resources for students
Check out Scholastic Go! and Scholastic Teachables for elementary and middle school children. It is designed to provide lots of learning resources for children. It has multi-media content, as well as lessons and activities for different grades and subjects.
Don’t forget about craft time! Use Creativebug to teach yourself drawing, sewing or even jewelry making. There are videos, workshops, and patterns for all kinds of projects.